Hagerty.com

10 oddball cars at the 2018 Amelia Island auctions

The month of March on the auction calendar brings us to Amelia Island, which is generally more eccentric in its offerings than the huge January muscle car sales. This year is no different, as there are several rare, one-of-a-kind, or just downright weird cars to choose across five auctions. Here are 10 of the strangest, some of which you may have never even heard of.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/03/01/10-oddball-cars-at-the-2018-amelia-island-auctions

Gosh, something about that Kellison J-4R just hits the right spot for me. Super cool.

A Kellison convertible would probably look pretty good compared to the coupe. I have heard that the coupes cook the drivers alive.

I came “this close” to having a used Cad-Allard, at age 17, but my father who was in charge of the approval and purchase part, nixed the idea for one reason: Right hand drive. Probably wise, but he made up for it with an E-Type coupe a couple years later.

Wow! I didn’t know a single one of these. Nice work Hagerty pulling out the oddballs.
Wish the Porsche 928 was odd enough to make the list. But now it’s cool, so there ya go.
Thanks for introducing to some odd car stuff.

• Jim
    928 Classics