Hagerty.com

12 high-priced cars that could break the bank at Scottsdale

Predicting the top-selling cars during Arizona Auction Week isn’t an exact science, but you can certainly improve your chances by simply scouring the pre-auction estimates. Of course, not every high-valued car will find a new home, but here are 12 big-money automobiles (plus two bonus selections) that we’ll be keeping an eye on next week.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2020/01/08/high-priced-cars-that-could-break-the-bank-at-scottsdale

I think the 365 GTB/4 is the most beautiful car ever made. The peak of Ferrari style, flair and performance. I wish I could afford to have it in my garage.

1 Like

First, can we put a moratorium on Ferrari’s? When I read that 9 of 12 cars on this list would be of that marque all I could think was “Not again!” Please put them in a separate publication so we can move on with our lives. That being said, these must be the ugliest of the breed. That tiny grille on the 330’s makes them look like bucktoothed Alfa Romeo’s. I hope the 500 looks better from behind.

365 can "accelerate from 0–60 mph in 12.8 seconds and reach a top speed of 170 mph. “It isn’t fast,” Car and Driver wrote at the time, “it’s blinding.”

0-60 in 12.8?? By comparison, a 1985 LeBaron turbo would crush it by nearly 3 seconds!! Who knew???

Must be a typo since the 1970 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona could accelerate from 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds and cover the Quarter mile 13.5 seconds. :wink:

Not a fair comparison! Your LeBaron had an additional 13 years of development! :wink:

I think that’s supposed to be a 0-100 time. It’s hard to imagine it being called “blinding” fast if that was 0-60.

Wouldn’t that make this article pointless? If you’re going to write a story about the fastest, most expensive, or any other such list, but then deliberately ignore a brand because it dominates the list, then what is the list?

Maybe you prefer websites like aslongasitsnotaferrari.com. :laughing:

That would make the article more interesting. We already know Ferrari will top any list of the most expensive cars. That’s a moot point. We might as well just ask which Ferrari is the most expensive this week. I want to know what else is out there.

:laughing: @robertllr. you get it! And so true. Very unfair of me. So… to keep it fair, how about a 1972 Capri? and you could order 11 of them with Factory air conditioning for the cost of one No-AC 365 coupe! You’d Think the 365 with 3x the cylinders and 5x the horsepower, it would be quicker. It Must weigh 10,000lbs! :rofl:

I can’t believe that yellow 330 commands a premium over the Charcoal 330.

I for one can not stand yellow cars. Especially FLY yellow. Barf.

@michaelpflatley - I am also typically not a fan of yellow cars. Some Ferraris pull it off, but the new is few…