Hagerty.com

1969 Mercedes Benz 280SE coupe value

I bought my Mercedes new in 1969, It currently has 61K miles, original paint and interior. I have done nothing to it except maintain oil and fluids and add a passenger side mirror and replace the radiator . People ask me every time I take it for a ride if I want to sell it. It is a one owner, California car always garaged. The chrome is wonderful. The air conditioner does not have freon at the moment. The heater cables are frozen from lack of use.
I have all the original paper work, books, and info that came with the car when I bought it.
I know it is worth more than the numbers I see on the web.
What I am asking is what is a more realistic price? I have many photos but don’t know how to add them to this email.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don Lewis

Sounds like an interesting car. Realistically, based on the description of the couple mechanical items that need to be addressed, I would assume your car to fall somewhere in the “good” condition range in the Hagerty Price Guide. I think that documented single ownership helps the value a bit, but likely not by leaps and bounds. I would estimate that once you fix the couple mechanical issues, a market value somewhere a bit above the value suggestion for “good” generally accounts for the ownership in most cases. That said, it never hurts to start with a strong asking price, it is easier to adjust for a serious offer than raise the price.