Hagerty.com

1970 Z28 RS Camaro

I have a 1970 Z28 RS Camaro I bought in High School and I still have the car. I am now thinking of selling it and would like to know where to start the process. It still is pretty much stock from the 70’s including the bias ply tires I had installed. I has been in storage since the late 70’s but I still start and run it every few years and it is still drive-able. I am new this posting stuff so I don’t know if I am doing it right.

Beautiful car! This is a question we see fairly frequently in the valuation department. First step should be determining what the market value of your car is. We offer market valuation for your car here: https://www.hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1970-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z!28 having the RS package typically adds a 15% premium to our recommended values.

After that, it is deciding a venue to list it. Good listing resources with a wide audience are Hemmings and Auto Trader Classics. There are many more sites out there, but these tend to be the go to for many enthusiasts. These sites do cost money to list, but the tire kicking tends to be less than free listing services.

If you are considering an auction, there are a couple online options, eBay is an obvious one, but there is also Bring a Trailer which curates cars they list a bit more. An actual collector auto auction may be another option, but is usually a more viable option if the event is nearby as shipping, can eat into profits. Consignment fees and seller’s premium are also other items to consider.

Before you list your pride and joy, I recommend researching these options a bit closer to ensure you are making the right choice for your style of selling. Then do your best to take as many pictures as you can and thoroughly describe your car, its history, the good points as well as some of the bad. Transparency might just mean a buyer will be more confident in picking your car over another.