Hagerty.com

1971-1973 Mercury Cougars, need love too!

Hi everyone! I’m New here, but, after my Mom, owned 2 New, 71-73, XR7 hardtops, I was hooked. Have owned 5 myself, and still in search of the one! A 1972 light pewter poly, XR7 hardtop, vinyl top delete, Black leather, Q code 351C, C6 auto, full console, equipped. None of those hideous protective body side moldings either! No AC, but I do want electric rear grid type defrost. 3.25:1 is the standard axle ratio, for that power train, and throw in traction lock too. Tinted glass, complete, Am/Fm Stereo, tilt column, to go along with that gorgeous 3spoke rimblow steering wheel! Delay wipers maybe. Styled steel wheels, with trim, and centers, and Firestone Wide-Oval F70-14, tires. Dual color keyed racing mirrors, driver side remote. Make it 2 of these please, 1 can have a 4speed downloader, and whisper air conditioning. I’m not asking for much, but if you know of low mileage original, ring me up!

Hey, at least you know what you want! Can’t fault you for that. If you come across one, be sure to let us know!