Hagerty.com

1983 Mustang Convertible Custom Parts

I own a 1983 GLX 5.0 Mustang Convertible and I’m having difficulty finding some what could be considered custom interior parts unique to that model year. These particular pieces were redesigned for the 84 & later models and searches of the part numbers on the pieces have yielded nothing so far
Where the 83 model year Convertibles were not produced on the line but came off the line as a notch-back and sent to a custom shop to be converted to a convertible. It is therefore believed the parts I’m searching for may have come from another, not necessarily Ford, supplier.
The parts I’m looking for are the guide mounted on the headrest used to support the shoulder driver’s seat belt shoulder strap and the triangular plastic bezel that seat belt shoulder passes through and covers the access hole in the pillar behind the driver’s seat. (see attached photo)
If anyone knows where I can find one of these items or has one please let me know.

If you can’t find most replace ment parts seek out someone with a digital copier and have one made.

I’m already pursuing options of having the part 3D printed but because of the shape & openings is very expensive ($700-$750 CAD), having one fabricated out of a lightweight metal such as aluminum, or using what’s left of the original as a base and reinforcing & building up the missing sections with fiberglass.

dhwinsor49

April 29

I’m already pursuing options of having the part 3D printed but because of the shape & openings is very expensive ($700-$750 CAD), having one fabricated out of a lightweight metal such as aluminum, or using what’s left of the original as a base and reinforcing & building up the missing sections with fiberglass.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

trollsword

April 29

If you can’t find most replace ment parts seek out someone with a digital copier and have one made.

A company called Cars and Concepts out of Michigan built that early Mustang for Ford. I’ve been trying to look up articles to find the company name for you. Of course you may have already known that. But if not they may be a leg to help you with that part for a lot less. Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Thank you for your assistance believe me it is very much appreciated.
Yes I did know that the 83 Convertibles were done by another company but I didn’t know the name. I did some searching and as close as I can tell the company is no longer in business. My searching did give me an article that told me that the same company did the the same conversion on the Chrysler Lebaron around the same time. So I’ve been searching Chrysler Parts to see if the Lebaron had a similar part
Plus things like this has become even more critical after learning from Marti Autoworks that my particular Mustang was one of 5 made in that model year with the Powertrain (5.0,5 Speed Manual, Traction-Lok Rear end), Interior & Exterior Color package (Silver Metallic Paint & Med Red Interior), Full GLX Option Group, TRX Wheels, & Premium Sound System. It was also the only one specially ordered from the factory with a Metric Speedometer/Odometer for the Canadian Market. Making it a 1 of 1