Hagerty.com

2001 Audi TT Roadster Quattro - Hagerty Employee Cars

Doug Clark grew up in the Motor City and saw “new American steel on every street corner.” So it’s no wonder his neighbors’ German-built automobiles stood out. “They had a son, Bernie, who worked on their Mercedes-Benzes, and that gave me a window into cars that were nothing like what I saw on the road. I loved sitting in the garage with Bernie and watching him work.” Doug also enjoyed riding in his grandparents’ 1975 Volkswagen Beetle whenever he visited their summer cottage. “It was small and old and had a manual transmission. I loved the way it sounded and drove. It was fun and direct – so unlike what I was used to.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/03/08/doug-clark-audi

If this goes to Doug Clark, I loved the writeup! Can you tell me what years Audi produced the TT Baseball Edition … Gray body color with Baseball seats? Was it produced in both 180 and 225 Quattro versions? Which one and which year is recommended and why? Other than online used car websites can you suggest a source to locate a concourse condition Audi TT Baseball Edition auto? Many Thanks, Michael Brock

I’m not sure there was a baseball edition roadster.
But there have been a few special edition roadsters over the lifespan of the mk1 TT with amber red baseball stitched interiors.
I have a 2006 Special Commemorative Edition TT Quattro Roadster in Quartz Grey Metallic with Amber Red Baseball Stitched seats and the 250hp 3.2 liter
6 cylinder engine with 40,600 original miles on it if you’re interested. (upload://o4Vhl9Vzk8LAf1FKhw27xhefQ4h.jpeg) p