Hagerty.com

2001 Camaro Z28 for a 1968 Coupe Deville Convertible

Hey guys I have an opportunity to trade my 2001 Base Camaro Z28 LS1 6spd for a 1968 Cadillac Coupe Deville convertible. My car has original 112,000km, absoulutely mint inside and out, new clutch, brakes etc. Its a base car with no options except AC that works. The only dilemma is its not a family cruiser anymore as my daughters are taller then their mother now. Anyhow I have an opportunity to trade on a 1968 Cadillac Couple Deville convertible 472ci V8. The Cadillac was repainted 2 years ago. Its not a show car and the interior is in rough shape and needs redoing. The car is owned by a mechanic and the car is mechanically sound. That being said I’m unsure what to expect buying a classic and more so I’m trying to figure out what car is more valuble. Any help is appreciated. Unfortunately I can only upload one picture. But the Camaro is pewter wtih the OEM ground effects kit, C6 vvette wheels and NO T-tops. Thanks.

2 Likes

@hbpadhiar - Welcome to the Hagerty Forums! Sounds like you have quite the perdicament with two good cars in front of you.

Luckily, it looks like both vehicles are tracked by Hagerty’s valuation experts and the information is updated though our online valuation tools. This will make it easy to compare the two vehicles and look at their conditions side by side.

2001 Camaro Z28 and 1968 Cadillac Deville convertible

I would say the key in this one comes down to which one you will enjoy more. A car you get out and drive and experience–especially if you can share that experience-- will pay you back in more than dollars and cents.

Well,

The convertible has infinite headroom.

And, its 51 years old, but still looks good to me.

Kyle

My Mother bought a 1968 Caddy Deville and we kept it in our family for decades. It will never be a big dollar car but I assure you that you won’t be disappointed. A lot of bang for the buck on any clean Cadillac Car!

So I missed out on the Cadillac, my wife and kids are disappointed, me not so much. The reason I’m looking to switch out is first I don’t have any sentimental attachment to the car and secondly it strikes me as the bastard Camaro so to speak. With the new Camaro’s resembling the earlier models of the hot rod era my car kind of leaves in a basket of 70’s and 80’s Camaro’s. I’ve got 2 offers on the table now/ One is for a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle, all the work has pretty much been done but all the assembly is still required. Unfortunately way over my skill level. Second is a 1969 Chevrolet C10 Longhorn. Here are the details:

1969 Chevrolet C30 Longhorn

• Brand new crate engine
  • 350/300hp from GM
  • Everything on engine is new
  • Distributor
  • Plug wires
  • Intake
    -Carb
  • Air cleaner
  • Aluminium pulleys and serpentine
    Belt kits
  • Electric cooling fan - Engine now has around 1000km on it