Hagerty.com

2018Chevy Corvette - C8 Corvette | Hagerty Articles

Nirvana will descend upon the Corvette crowd in 18 months.

Chevy is celebrating the Corvette’s 65th birthday with a lavish 2018 model range, a few product upgrades, and a special Carbon 65 edition. That sets the stage for the new ZR1 coming this fall with an expected 750 horsepower and state-of-the-art aero tech. I’m convinced this rev up of America’s favorite sports car is an ingenious ploy to distract us from the mid-engine design that will green flag the eighth generation (C8) well before Corvette turns 70.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2017/06/27/corvette-dreams

Will Hagerty insure over 600 hp corvettes without having to restrict usage to 1000 miles a year and only to and from car shows.

There are a lot of factors that go into our approval process for insurance. It would be best to have a conversation with you about your Corvette. Please call 877-922-9701 and we would be happy to talk.

This is for a car that does not exist yet. So I guess we can have the conversation when they make it
Thanks

I understand what you are saying. In general terms, we will absolutely consider the 2018 Corvette ZR-1 once it’s available. With modern vehicles, we do like to see they are being used like a classic, but that by no means limits usage to car shows.