Hagerty.com

2019 Redeye VS 2018 Demon: A Driver’s Perspective

I never thought I’d say this, but cars (and certain car people) are really starting to get to me. I’m not talking about the real enthusiasts, but more about those who hide behind closed doors and spit out anonymous opinions on subjects with which they have little to no experience. I’m saying this because the following article on two similar vehicles is going to cause people to whine and moan for no other reason than they feel that it’s their prerogative.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/04/26/dodge-demon-vs-hellcat-redeye

Dodge went in the right direction with the Challenger. They didn’t screw with the design too much over the last 11 years, added more performance and have been rewarded with strong sales. I’m more of a GM dude, but hats off to them.

Spot on!

Too many people just look at HP, Torque and acceleration specs on “paper”/ on screen, without ever considering the design purpose.

Ask yourself what you want from a car, what your purpose is, then compare it to what the car was designed to do. Making car buying choices in this order of thought process will lead to much more rewarding experiences.

For a comparison, if you live in an apartment, get a hunting dog breed, don’t complain that he is restless and wants to run away at every chance. Don’t expect an Airedale to ride in your purse and don’t expect a Lab to be a hard charging police dog. Ask what was it bred (designed) to do, then you have your satisfaction answer mapped out for you.

1 Like

Interesting report. As one who never really did any research on them, I would have assumed they were pretty much the same cake with different frosting, and been completely wr, wr, wro, well, you know. I’m seeing a lot of them coming up for sale, wondering if some folks bought the wrong one, or if it’s just the supply/demand makes them worth buying and reselling after a few hundred miles of lighting up the streets?

I agree wholeheartedly with everything said about the Demon. Mine is identical to the one pictured. It is my daily driver but I don’t go far or fast. 2500 miles in 10 months. Can not get the grin off my face! Also, I am old enough to remember the ride of a 1950 Buick. Demon is similar.

I DROVE A DEMON HAS NO LOW END TO IT - LIKE THE REDEYE
YOU FLOOR THE REDEYE AND IT DOES A BURNOUT WITH EASE AND THE DEMON WILL NOT WHY IS THAT - i ASKED SALES MANAGER AND HE SAID OTHER DEMON OWNERS HAVE MENTIONED IT AS WELL

RED EYE FEELS MUCH QUICKER

No low end torque? You must have been driving a 1975 Dodge Demon 360.