Hagerty.com

25 Corvette facts that every enthusiast should know

43 Corvettes were manufactured with a 1983 Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), but none were released to the public as official production vehicles. All were destroyed except one, VIN 1G1AY0783D5100023 (white with medium blue interior), L83 350 cu in (5.7 L), 205 hp (153 kW) V8, 4-speed automatic transmission and was retired to the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Mr pilot427, LOL

Corvette museum can trace it see if it’s still around

They Corvette had a glove box from 1963-1967 & back again in 1978.

Ya don’t know much about the car it comes back as a T-Top coupe I have seen a few more of them but trying to find out who did the conversions. I know all about corvettes when I seen it I was baffled walked away then guy called. Me 2days later to expect my offer had it 15 years now bring it to shows guys say we’re you get this.Dont think it’s a pace Car just painted that way (Tribute)

Yes, you are right. Oversight has been corrected.

1963 split window steering wheel how do you confirm only 130 cars have it platic wood looking

I concede the glove box comment, I was wrong. Too late now, but I was referring to the C4. Me bad!

Was the Corvette first to offer a personal music player?

Was it factory installed?

I have to answer my own question, No. Chrysler offered the “Highway Hi-Fi” as an option in 1956. In 1960 RCA came out with the “Victrola” witch held 14 records and could play for 2.5 hours. In 1962 Norelco came out with the “Automignon”. The RCA was a hit with the hip crowd and found it’s way into many a Vette’s via progressive dealerships. The 8 trac put an end to 45’s under the dash.

Did the '63 - '67 Corvette ever come with 3 tail lights per side ?
If yes, what was this designation for ?

I think that more useful facts that Corvette enthusiasts should know is what to avoid - like C2 and C3 brake calipers that chronically develop leaks - especially if the car isn’t driven regularly.

Another doozy that can set you back about a grand is differential yokes with “soft” ends that only lasted for one year in my 1979 - weren’t hardened properly by the factory - a cost saving measure that I think was implemented in 1977 or so. The “self-machined” metal shrapnel then worked it’s way into the gears and bearings to wreck them too. My 79 was only 1 year old when that happened - just out of warranty. Repair cost was about 10% of the original purchase price of the car. That’s just wrong…

There was never a Corvette with 3 taillights on each side…Back in the 60’s & 70’s many people would take their C2’s and put an additional taillight in on each side and many would flare the wheel wells so they could get larger tires. In Denver, where I grew up, there were so many like this, that many people thought they were stock.

MY uncle Cabbyle in Va Beach had an early 6 cylinder Corvette with “opera lights” at the mid roofline!

My Rare 1956 corvette serial number E56S001658. Why rare? It was the corvette identified by serial number as the car used in “The complete corvette restoration & technical guide-vol.1.” for identifying correctly all pieces and parts. Today has 40,000 miles.