Hagerty.com

’57 Chevy U.S. Army staff car sells for a whopping $46,000

Atten-hut! If that didn’t get your attention, perhaps Reveille will. Or maybe this: a six-cylinder 1957 Chevrolet 150 U.S. Army staff car just sold for $46,000. That’s right, $46K.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/05/10/chevy-us-army-staff-car-sells
1 Like

So are we just now waking up to the idea that many people who are into wrenching are also into the idea that these military (sssshhh🤫I’m in Kaliforkya) cars and trucks that they restore are part of our heritage? They need to be saved.

First off, thanks to Hagerty for being one of the first insurance companies to acknowledge the Milveh hobby. Not that it is just another source of income but for sponsoring many of our clubs and supporting us with insurance. It was a bitch before they came along.

There are many clubs nationally and internationally that are “keeping them rolling” and I recommend that if you have a patriotic heart , you will seek one out and see what a close knit international group you are missing.

Okay…I’m off to Omaha Beach to meet my friends from all over the world. G503.COM - start your journey here

Very interesting video. My father, who was a LT Gen (ret, dec) had staff cars, including one of these '57 150s. I have old photos of it, and if I recall correctly, the upholstery fabric on the vehicle in the video is incorrect (kind of doubtful for a restoration of that calibre). The seat upholstery was similar to, though opposite in color, the door panel vinyl - kind of amorphous “clouds” or “giraffe spots.” I will have to find the photo(s) and send them in. Wouldn’t it be cool to find my dad’s staff car to rescue and possibly restore.

Comment regarding the video - the majority of the shiny metal described as “Chrome” is actually Stainless, and I believe the gas cap is aluminum. (I have another '57, combination original and cosmetic restoration, AACA Senior car.)

PJ