Hagerty.com

American Frenemies: Cadillac and Lincoln were launched by the same man

Here’s a nugget of Motor City lore known only to devout Cadillac and Lincoln enthusiasts: the same entrepreneur was responsible for creating both of America’s premier brands.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/09/03/american-frenemies-cadillac-and-lincoln-were-launched-by-the-same-man

Don, thank you for writing this article. I grew up a Cadillac fan. My dad owned 5 starting with 1979. I became an enthusiast collecting articles and pictures at a young age. In college, I was a staff writer of an automotive column for the school’s paper. Although I didn’t write about it, it was then that I discovered that Leland created Lincoln, also. I knew about Cadillac in elementary school. I don’t think that many outside of car hobby or Detroit know this fact. I am in Maryland and I can that this fact is know by very few. So many generations later, the people behind the names are slowly getting lost. Thank you for the article and I hope that others enjoy this reminder as well as those learning more about the history of this industry.

All the best,
Walter