Hagerty.com

Bentley at 100: A legacy of luxury, beauty, and speed

Walter Owen Bentley established his car company in October 1919, having previously sold French cars (the DFP) and designed WWI airplane engines (the Bentley Rotary One and the Bentley Rotary Two). The rest, as they say, is history. Here’s to 100 years of Bentley.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/07/10/bentley-at-100-legacy-of-luxury-beauty-speed

image Perhaps the Bentley models of the 1960-70’s were too much like their Rolls Royce siblings but including an image of the 1975 Rolls Royce Corniche and calling it a Bentley is a bit much. It is nice to see an image of the T1 included in a Bentley history. My 1969 model is a lovely if usually overlooked model.

1 Like

Each year for the past 30 or so, I take my two sons to the ACD Festival in Auburn, Indiana, and we visit the ACD Museum quite often while we are there. One of my all time favorite cars on display in the museum is a !93? Blower Bentley, complete with the tiny windscreen and leather hood straps.

I marvel at its racing history and powerful good looks.