Hagerty.com

Brembo wows at Geneva with flashy calipers

When Frederick William Lanchester patented disc brakes in 1902, he didn't create them as a fashion statement. That would have to wait until about 25 years ago when Brembo, the Italian brake supplier, started to add fashion to the brand’s functional appeal by coating its brake calipers in bright red with a white Brembo logo, visible through the slender spokes of aluminum rims that have become increasingly popular.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/03/08/flashy-new-brembo-calipers

Can’t say I’m a huge fan of this. I get it about the whole personalization aspect, but as the saying goes “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.” I’m OK about broadening the color palette, but some of those designs were like…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Meh…there’s a generational aspect to this and maybe it depends alot on the car. Not my cup-a-tea, but then I’m a fossil. I can still see my dad shaking his head at things I did.
As long as under-body lighting doesn’t make a comeback.

1 Like