Hagerty.com

CorvetteZR-1 - Corvette Values | Hagerty Articles

There’s good news and bad news for anybody who bought a 1990-95 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 brand new and still owns it.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2016/10/31/corvette-zr-1

I had a chance to drive a 1993 40th ann ZR1 and it is a truly under rated car. Amazing experience, handling and feel of the car is unforgettable. It earned the King of the Hill name in 1989 for good reason. The motor presentation is impressive and may be one of the best of all time. This car took 3 major corporations to design, develop and manufacture and it shows with every shift of the 6 speed transmission. The V8 LT5 was an advanced split crankcase design, that set the new standard for V8s going forward. Not a 4 bolt main, but actually a fully cast bottom end structure. One of the first of its kind and now duplicated by many. Also a little known fact that these cars held 5x world record for performance, speed and endurance. Driving some 4200+mi in a 24hr period, averaging over 180mph for a day straight which earned it the very unique distinction of being acquired by the Smithsonian archives! When my friend told me I didn’t believe it so I did the research and all it’s true. I’m currently looking to purchase one to add to my collection, it’s time to own the legend. They have all the elements of performance and innovation that world class collector cars have. These ZR1s are a great example of automotive history an will be worth $100k+ in the future. Flat out amazing they are still avail under $30k a strong recommended buy.

And I have a 1993 40th Anniversary ZR-1 to sell. Would be happy to discuss! Reach out to me here if interested. 11.20.2018

Nantucket, can you shoot me an email at supercoupe91@hotmail.com? Not sure how to send PMs on here.