Hagerty.com

Ed Roth’s Kustom Kulture creations to appear at Amelia Island

In yet another prestige concours nod to the artisanship that came out of southern California hot rod and custom shops in the 1950s and ’60s, the 2018 Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance will feature a special class to honor the cars of Ed “Big Daddy” Roth.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/12/19/ed-roths-kustom-kulture-at-amelia-island

It’s so cool to see the original Beatnik to infiltrate the Concours scene. Who could have predicted that one of the founders of blue collar hot-rodding and kustomizing would be on display at a place like Amelia? It makes me wonder if Stubby Bob or other Roadkill creations will have their time on the groomed grounds of concours events 50 years from now.

@cneveu- It’s for sure an interesting thought, to have Roadkill cars taking to groomed fairways in the future. I see it happening, no doubt in my mind. Those cars and crazy projects are shaping the enthusiast scene right now, especially on the younger end of the spectrum, and therefore will be looked back on as significant.