Hagerty.com

Garage-find 1968 Porsche 911 is a patina-spotted beauty

Just when you think they’ve all been found, a long-forgotten, original, low-mileage Porsche 911 just turns up on eBay. And not some rust-bucket either—the body is reportedly solid, gaps are perfect, glass and outer trim are unscathed, and the vinyl interior looks absolutely cherry.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/10/09/garage-find-1968-porsche-911

Hmmm…“This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing”.

He probably killed the listing because he didn’t want to eat the eBay and PayPal fees!

@kq6ea - I bet you are right, and I have always been annoyed by that practice. If you took advantage of a platform (website, newspaper, auction, car corral at a swap meet) to sell something, pay them for it. It’s just the right thing to do.

I noticed he said it was also listed elsewhere, and he reserved the right to end the eBay auction at any time. Kudos to him for at least being up front about it.

I do a lot of buying and selling old radio gear on eBay, and it irks me when a seller pulls a listing for some bogus reason.

I’ve ended an auction early one time on an item I really didn’t want to sell. It had few page views, no bids, and no ‘watchers’, so I decided to keep the item.