Hagerty.com

Is the Triumph TR7 going to be dirt cheap forever?

I bought a TR8 a couple of years ago. It had sat unused for almost 20 years. I bought it under the condition that I could get my money back if I could not get the engine running. And of course the top and interior was in very poor shape. The body had only minor dings but the paint was dull. The odometer showed just over 11k Miles and I laughed when the seller said he believe it was correct. It needed a lot of work. The valley gasket was rusted through and all of the fuel left in the tank hand turned to varnish. This was a major effort (lots of painstaking hours). I was surprised at how well built it actually was. Like all British Leyland products the electrical was suspect. But I have owned one Austin (74), three MGBs (67, 75 & 78), and a Range Rover (95) and the electrical is easily remedied. Add a separate ground system. Bond everything together, don’t rely on the body for grounding. This fixes 90+% of the issues and its so simple to do. I still have the 75 MGB and the TR8. I am selling my TR8 because I just don’t have the time to drive the two of them. These cars were made to be driven and its hard to keep cars up that don’t get driven. Both are fun to drive and two very different driving experiences. I love my TR8 but I’m partial to my Bs.

Only 3,000lbs with a 3.5L V8 engine, Offenhauser Manifold, Edlebrock four barrel carb, steel tube exhaust, Jaguar XJS leather seats, and a vintage Blaupunkt Radio. Bordeaux Red