Hagerty.com

It’s April 27th: Show us your 427!

When Ford won the 1966 24 Hours of Le Mans with the GT40, it wasn’t with some puny small-block, it was 7.0-liters of American V-8. You know what? The hell with the metric system, let’s call it what it really was, 427 cubic inches! And we want to see yours in the comments below.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/04/27/show-us-your-427

I Have a 68 chevy biscayne which came from the factory with the L72 427- 425 HP ENGINE. It was sold by NICKEY CHEVROLET in CHICAGO. It is a matching numbers engine with a M-21 4-speed. It has 6,000 original miles. It’s a black on black car. Iv’e owned the car since 1988. Except for a repaint, it is unrestored. My best time was 12:53@ 109 MPH In my research on the car, I was told only 2 of these biscaynes are knowed to exist. I found the original owner and he confirmed they bought the car from nickey. He gave me a notarized letter stating they bought it at nickey. He had no other paper work on the car. At a car show in CHICAGO, the manager of nickey’s performance shop saw the car and said they only sold 3 Biscaynes, blue ,green and black. He remembered the black on. I have a 66 hemi charger 4-sp car, just finishihg a ground up restore on it.

@zielinski_s - That sounds like an awesome Biscayne!