Hagerty.com

Kids restore dad’s 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T in memory of late mother | Classic of the Year

Hundreds of Hagerty employees spend their days speaking with clients about their cars. Several years ago, we decided to collect these stories and each month we let the entire company vote on their favorite, which becomes our Classic of the Month. At the end of the year, those 12 cars are put to the ultimate vote to claim Hagerty’s Classic of the Year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/10/18/restored-dodge-challenger-coty

Wow; what a great story. Shows what true family really means.

A lovely tribute to a great father and mother. What a fine son they raised. Plus the car kicks major league butt.

Very nice Challenger and restoration done for a great cause. Looks great, though not a fan of the out of place tall oversize wheels on a classic, save them for the new cars.

What a great story and a wonderful tribute to whom I am sure is a very special lady. God Bless your wife and family.

to the Hagerty Marketing Team - you guys did a very (very) exceptional job of developing this homage video. The layout, photography, choreography, everything. It is recognized and truly appreciated. What a great video that I thoroughly enjoyed. Well done Hagerty marketing team pros.

Dave V.

Thank you for sharing such a moving tribute to loved ones. The car is a bonus! A special THANK YOU for your service to our Country.

Wow, what a tribute to what family is all about. Thank you for sharing a very moving story. Awesome car…God bless you man. Thank you for your service…

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome Home. I know where your muscle car heart is. Mine was a 70 340 Hurst, Go Man Go.

Wonderful story… Now that I’ve wiped the tears from my eyes I can start the day. Thanks for sharing.