Hagerty.com

Mad Max: Fury Road was a carnival of hot rod hysteria

Mad Max’s most recent quest, which came out in 2015, takes place in a desert ruled by the tyrant Immortan Joe, a region of the Wasteland overrun by the War Boys, a death cult whose currency is “Guzzoline.” The War Boys worship cars, and as venerated objects, each vehicle in George Miller’s Mad Max: Fury Road has a unique look with its own personality. Miller told production designer Colin Gibson simply, “Make it cool or I’ll kill you.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/06/11/mad-max-fury-road-hot-rod-hysteria

the original interceptor lies in the michael deezer collection. it was one car used for both films

Must be the original RAT RODS

I actually really enjoyed this movie. Just all out action. It was fun. The cars they created were awesome. I absolutely love the 59 Caddy monster.

I’m not one to get excited over movie cars, like from the popular XXX series or the Dukes of Hazzard Charger (just two examples), but I loved the cars in all Mad Max movies, especially Fury Road. Since duplicating them in full size isn’t realistic, I would love to have models of of them. I’m hoping someone will pick up the idea and make it reality.