Hagerty.com

Neoclassics- Excalibur, Zimmer and more | Hagerty Articles

There's no such thing as "too much" or "over the top" when it comes to these chariots of the Neo-Classic Age

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2014/10/23/Neo-Classics

Hello all Neo-Classic aficionados, I’m going to start off with my desires of these beautiful and classy vehicles began at the tender age of 12 years old.
I was watching a movie staring Linda Blair something on the line of Rollerskates USA and a quick glance at the TV show Dallas.
Growing up in the urban area of Essex County, NJ , that was pretty much unheard-of amongst young guys my age. Cadillacs, Trans Am s and the likes of the two styles of vehicles, but I held my desires to such beauties as the Excaliburs, Clenets, Zimmer and the newly introduced Classic Tiffany. One day accompanying my mom to the airport helping her with her bags, I laid eyes on the 1929 Mercedes Benz replica (Gazelle) face to face and I was hooked for life on the ownership of any Neo-Classic vehicle that would come my way. Now at 5 yrs of age a Classic Tiffany became the target of my personal desire to purchase and bring back to life, as I spotted it sitting with a few flat tires and covered with leaves uncared for as being abandoned. However, it wasn’t abandoned at all. A few weeks after seeing it I thought it was cleaned up and driven around town but it the same vehicle, it was the one of a pair owned by a husband and wife driven by the son of the couple. To my surprise it was indeed for sale. The Tiffany for sale was the husband’s car. Since then the son and I have become friends and entered a contract towards the purchase of the 1984 model. He’s keeping the 1988 model which is fully equipped.
I’m enjoying my search for oem and aftermarket parts and accessories for the Tiffany.
I’m open to support Q & A’s, and leads to searching necessary parts to make it completely flawless.