Hagerty.com

New Corvette ZR1 will do 0-60 in 2.85 seconds

We knew the latest Corvette ZR1 would be impressive, but word is starting to get out that it’ll be a true beast. CorvetteBlogger recently unearthed some new performance information on Chevrolet’s top Corvette: At the Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, Corvette Product Manager Harlan Charles revealed that the 755-horsepower ZR1 is capable of 10.6-second quarter-mile runs at 134 mph, with a 0-60 time of 2.85 seconds. Yikes.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/03/26/new-corvette-zr1-will-do-0-60-in-under-3-seconds

It will interesting to see if aftermarket tuners can massage the 2019 ZR-1 into the 9 second quarter mile…which will require (by current NHRA rules) a 10 point roll cage amongst other safety equipment…there is a potential of sticky drag slicks accomplishing that without other engine modifications…of course the much anticipated mid-engine Corvette might be a superior chassis for that monster engine to compete in road racing circuits…as to street performance vs public safety…do we really need 700+ horsepower being wheeled by well healed neophyte boy racers?..I think not

I would like to have a roll cage in a ZR1 with a 3 or5 point harness as I had years ago in my 1967 Shelby GT500’s and one had a 428 rated at 410h.p. not the 355 h.p. they claimed for insurance reasons. The other a 427 side oiler which was around 525 h.p. not the 425 h.p. With that much horsepower in a ZR1 I would want a roll cage with a racing harness. I cannot wait for the much anticipated mid engined C8.

Check this: http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/chevrolet-2/corvette/c7/2018-zr1-chevrolet-corvette/2019-zr1-chevrolet-corvette-hpe1200-engine-upgrade/

Check this, Hennessey claims 1200 hp from a car that isn’t even available. Chevy head engineer claims they massaged the most out of this engine possible yet Hennessey claims 450 more…