Hagerty.com

Opel GT Values - Why aren’t Opels worth more?

The elegant Opel GT coupe was introduced as a concept at the 1965 Frankfurt and Paris Motor Shows and widely hailed in Europe as a mini Corvette. Opel was GM’s European satellite, and the GT’s origins were definitely entangled with the redesigned 1968 C3 Corvette; both shared styling cues from the 1965 Mako Shark II.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2017/09/21/opel-gt-values

Small correction: The 1975 Manta had a 1.9 Liter EFI engine with 105 HP (DIN), not a 2.5 liter engine.
Besides that, the article has been researched and written pretty good!
Dieter

Opel GT Source sells an adapter to allow the original ram air configuration air filter to be used with the Weber carb. I’ve been running a Weber on my GT for 20+ years without problem.

Also, 1,100 cc GTs were sold in the U.S. for a time, though not in large numbers.

Just a few minor nits on an otherwise fine article

Wow, never knew the GT had a Parisian dress. Great detail.

I have a72 ooel gt…4 speed. Bought in 79…great car…may have to sell her soon tho…can’t get in and out of her very well anymore due to health prob…love to drive her and the gas mileage is awesome!!