Hagerty.com

Question of the Week: How would you write this for sale ad?

Austin Healey 3000 with plenty of experience and patina. Ran when parked. Nothing missing, ready for a loving recommissioning! Act quick before the city gets it!

Rough upstart looking for Professor Henry Higgins. Turn this Cockney rapscallion into My Fair Lady.
Patience and TLC required: Time, Labour, Cash.
Good bones maketh the lady to be shown about town.

If it were for sale in California on Craigslist, it would include “…Low price reflects $900.00 DMV back-fees for the past due registration.”

That’ll buff out !!!

Ran before parked, but that was 30 years ago. Why was it parked? To be honest I don’t remember.

Shabby/Chic Healey for the person who wants an every day driver (may need a battery)!

Great opportunity for a vintage car enthusiast. 1969 Austin 6,000. No, the car is not in ideal shape but it can be a beautfiul relic of the past. Restore and preserve this gem. Don’t allow it to become a memory. The car was inherited to me and I don’t know how to restore it. It must go to a loving home.

Great father/grandfather restoration project. Does need floor pans. All chrome and windows are there and in good shape. It’s six cylinder hasn’t been started in a few years but it’s all there. Original wire wheels and most likely original tires since the car has only 37,563 miles. Great buy, please make me an offer I can’t refuse on my 1967 AH 3,000. Oops I forgot to state that it has electric overdrive with FANTASTIC Lucas electrics. Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!

Ready for restoration! Survivor, with very little rust. Complete! My loss is your gain.

Get it while you can!

I like it LAMAO, reminds me of the most expensive baseball cap that I bought from a local Ford dealer back in 2008. Being small town friendly they were nice enough to throw in an 5 speed F350 for free. I still have the hat LOL

You can (Austin) HEAL this Austin Healey! It may be sore but you won’t be sorry. British classic at a price you can afford.

Senior Citizen Austin Healey. The heart is willing but the body isn’t. Needs a face lift and definitely exfoliation. Deep pockets a must. Hurry before funeral director takes it.

1967 Austin Healey 3000 MKIII BJ8, last year made, the best and the rarest! Highly sought after at the Barrett Jackson Auctions! 150 BHP, SDHU8 Carbs. 1 of only 17,712 MKIII’s ever produced world wide in its 4 year production run. Highly optioned and in a rare color combination, this is a restoration you will want to complete! Sadly, I just don’t have the time to take on this project. Car is complete as it sits, sold as is, suggest you bring a trailer and some strong friends.

Numbers matching (the ones you can still read) vehicle!

Healy enthusiasts…pay attention. No more of these classics are being made.
Need a parts car? A Healy you can afford…& renovate in time. This may be your prize find.
Perfect? No, no, but wouldn’t it have a better future in your shop…?? For sure. . ! !
Get the details before someone else whisks it away.

Original paint with Great Patina. It would be a shame to over restore this classic.

Well said Dear. Agree with you.