Hagerty.com

Question of the Week: What car has the coolest gauges?

1925 citroen 5Hp. Elegant and straightforward. Only the barest necessities (an ammeter and a switch for headlamps and to earth the magneto) brilliantly avoiding information overload. !

1 Like

58 Pontiac dash

1 Like

I totally agree with the Corvair CORSA dash, but even the Corvair SPYDER dash is cool, too. As for C2s, the 63s and 64s had extra drama with their conical centers and cranked indicator needles!! the 65s through 67s had flat instrument faces as shown; more modern at the time, but less styled!

2 Likes

Yes, I agree with the Firebird TA engine turned dash. I knew someone who had this dash installed into a Camaro!!

How about 1932 Cadillac?

I should have looked at my photo before posting! I am not good at this! OOPS Sorry!

The ones on my 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe!

Harley Earl’s 1963 Corvette Sting Ray

1 Like

I have to agree with you, the ‘58 Vette in corporates functionality with beauty. Every gauge is there at a glance without having to search for it and there right in front of the driver! As a result you keep your eyes on the road, mirrors, and your surroundings which adds the bonus of keeping you and your passengers safer. This is also my favorite car in my garage to drive!

Not a sleek inspired design, but I never tire of looking at the M38A1 cluster. Nothing but functionality, and in a place where the crew can monitor various readings, ie the driving instructor can see how fast the student driver is going.! My own 1970 contract Canadian Forces “jeep”. Ottawa-20121113-00054|666x500

1984 Corvette has so cool looking guages

66-67 Dodge Charger

I’m on board with them they do look really good none of the fancy screen’s but what you need to see, and look good doing it

Up through 1998 (model 993) Porsche had the cleanest and most functional gauge cluster. Then the over lapping ovals that started with the model 996 destroyed the essence of Porsche simplicity and functionality over night.

Sorry don’t have a picture, but the 76-78 Toyota Corolla SR5 had a pretty neat dash with an awful lot of gauges (including oil temp and pressure) for an economy car.

Most Bugattis have very cool engine-turned dashes with cool gauges.

1 Like

Oh, this cluster looks awesome and very, very practical for the driver. Hard to beat.

1949 Mercury

1 Like

Like with most things, I can’t pick a single favorite dashboard. But I will say, I have always been a sucker for Lincolns and their silver gauges. The 1961-63 Continental is always a perennial favorite! image

1 Like

The dash in the 1937 Squire 1600 roadster, which I’ve seen only in photos, always takes my breath away.

1 Like

I think the new 2019 Mustang “Bullitt” edition dash is really cool.