Hagerty.com

Question of the Week: What is your favorite car event?

If you are looking for a car event to go to, the calendar seems to fill up fast. There is plenty to do each summer, and we want to know what car event is your favorite.

The range is wide, from perfectly manicured fairways with the most prestigious coachbuilt bodywork rolling up at dawn, to fields of vendors and good old-fashioned haggling for the best price on the part you need for your latest project. From Pebble Beach to the Hershey Fall Meet and everything in between, events like these bring car folks together to swap stories, parts, and information.

Of course, it isn’t all big-ticket events, as local club events and shows happen every week across the country. These are a perfect excuse (if you need one) to get your wheels turning on a regular basis. If you are more of a roadtrip type, maybe a touring event is just the ticket.

We know our favorites, but we want to hear from you. What is your favorite car event and why?

Hines Park Cruise! August 26. Wayne County, MI

Woodward Dream Cruise followed by Frankenmuth Auto Fest

Devils Run in Devils Lake, ND. First weekend in June every year. Starts off the cruising season.

@311 - I only recently head about his one but it sure looks fun. Nice and laid back, similar to Woodward but the traffic is only classics.

Chrysler Carlisle Nationals

WAVECREST- the granddaddy of all woodie meets.
Moonlight Beach in Encinitas California - September of each year.
300 woodies, live Hawaiian and surf music, fabulous raffle prizes, awards and more

Santa Fe Concours, Santa Fe, NM. Best concours, best location, best time of year.
Unfortunately canceled last two years, after 7 great years. Bring it back.

Back to the 50’s in St.Paul Mn. Over 12,000 pre 1964 cars.

Carcadia held on the last Sunday of each month is one of my favorites in Arcadia, CA. I also like Wheels & Waves that takes place on the third Sunday of each month in Malibu.

Fall Hershey AACA Meet. Great location in Hershey PA.
Very large Flea Market and Car Corral starting on Wednesday finishing with the AACA Judging on Saturday.
Every time I go to the Hershey Show i experance something new. It could be a car I have never seen before or a strange part or sign.
I love Hershey!!!

Bellmore train station, bellmore, on Long Island, NY every Friday night . Been going on 20, 30 years !

Hot August Nights in Reno, Nevada. The biggest and best car event in the western U.S.

Hines Park Cruise. Only the classics cruise. Much more fun than Woodard!

Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals (MCACN) hands down the most fun we have all year. What else are car people going to do in November? Unbelievable quality of all types of cars. Great location. Make new friends every year from all over the country. Go once and you will go every year!

Since I have an old Datsun the Japanese Classic Car Show near the Queen Mary in September is a nice event for JDM cars

My favorite care event is Corvettes at Carlisle. If you have any interest in Corvettes, it is the best show on earth. Thousands of Corvettes. GM is there every year with the latest Corvettes, some are there before they are offered for sale.

Every winter, the AACA of South Florida hosts the Miami Beach/Collins Ave car show in conjunction with the Miami Beach arts festival. We park down the middle of the street with hotels and restaurants on one side and the vendors and the beach on the other side. Not only are the cars fun to look at, but the multitude of people including local, tourists, beach goers, vacationers all make for a great time, with the added benefit of an art show.

My favorite car event is the Northwest Nationals put on each year by the Vintiques car club in Yakima, Washington. Usually 600-700 cars, held on the grass at the Yakima Fairgrounds. Open to vehicles 1972 and older. Entrants can camp on the fairgrounds, and it’s a show that attracts lots of families. I’ve been entering a car or cars for about 25 years. Friendly people, lots of activities, more fun than you can imagine!

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (PVGP) over 3000 cars from all marques cover the golf course over the third weekend every July, and is surrounded by a vintage race on public streets. Nothing like it.