Hagerty.com

Question of the Week: What’s your favorite four-door?

Does a '57 Buick Caballero wagon count?

@johncodman - It’s got four doors so I’ll allow it! Good choice

VW Thing. 4 doors and top down. Endless smiles and fun.

That’s just a dumb question. Four door cars are family sedans. Except four door pickups, those are for railroad or utility work crews. Cool cars have two doors.

I was going to say one of those 1920s Bentley, but I have to say, those 80s Jaguars are probably the best for me.

Any of GM’s “Sport Sedans”.

Although I love the XJ series of Jaguars, I’m very surprised no one mentioned the Jaguar Mk2. Not only is it one of the most beautiful Jaguar cars made and a wonderful car to drive, it was also the fastest production 4 door when it was introduced.

The '60s Continental Convertibles with suicide doors.

I am very partial to the Volvo 245 turbo wagon that sits next to my Volvo 123GT…

Gee,my wife and kids still refuse to talk to me ever since I sold our 1963 4 door split window

My folks new 57 Chevy 4-door hardtop when I turned 16 !

As far as older collector cars, my choice would be the Series 1 Jaguar XJ6 or Euro spec Series 2 XJ6 with chrome bumpers (owned an XJ6C for a decade, but this would be more practical), but for more modern cars, my votes would go for the Tesla Model S or the Fisker Karma. And as far as the closest to a 4-door supercar, my vote would go to the Tesla Model S. I won a prize that allowed me to drive one for a weekend, and it went like stink and was very luxurious. Far more useful than a regular supercar, yet similar performance. It sure would be nice if they weren’t so expensive!

1973-jaguar-xj6-series-1

tesla%20model%20Ss

Or better yet, the '57-'58 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham 4 door suicide doors!cadillac%2057%20brougham

How about we wedge in the Aston Martin Lagonda for something truly different!

1961 Monarch, 4 door hardtop.

Definitely my 1962 Lincoln four-door convertible. It was green outside and green inside. It was very opulent, comfortable and sexy. It was also a chick magnet. I remember on one particular date locking the doors and the young lady that was with me was about to have a heart attack. It was easy to work on but parts back then were expensive for it. Did I mention that it had horrible gas mileage thank God gas was only about $.37 a gallon. Wish I had it again

1968 or 69 Pontiac Parisienne

“Wedge in” is very appropriate for the Euro school of wedge design this car so perfectly exemplified.

555 My 55 Chevy. all work done by myselft or friends except interior

Any vw thing

Any Citroen 2cv

Any ford crown Victoria

That’s my list…