Hagerty.com

Redline Rebuild: Watch this Kawasaki KE100 come back to life in 5 minutes | Hagerty Artilces

In this episode of Redline Rebuild, veteran wrench Davin Reckow embraces his hearts longing for two wheels by freshening up a Kawasaki KE100 just in time summer trail riding.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/06/13/redline-rebuild-kawasaki-ke100

That was a great Video, it reminds me of the old days when I would do that on a week end. Today’s kids just play games on their phone, what a shame!!!

I like how you do your vids but the choice of bike leaves ALOT to be desired !

You guys just keep getting better and better!

That brought back memories! I still have my small framed Kawasaki KM100 that my father bought for my brother and I way back in '76. How many hours we used that bike, which was bullet proof, cannot be counted. After we were older ( and larger), it was passed on to my cousins, who in turned used it for countless hours. Once they grew out of it, it sat in a shed for a few years. My uncle then asked if I was interested to have it back and gave it back to me, which I have had in my garage for the past 9 years. Sadly, my kids never were interested in riding. I need some young people to ride it for another additional countless number of hours. That little guy keeps soldiering on. What a bike! Love all of your videos.

Where is the crash helmet.

I had a MB1MA Kawasaki 90 (very similar) back in the 70’s. Rode it a few years, then bought a YZ80. I gave the Kawasaki to my cousins who used it for several years then sold it. Would love to have that back. Livio, if you’re looking for a home for yours, let me know. Me and my 15 year old would keep it forever.

The story sounds similar. I am in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. Not sure if I would sell it… yet. I love that thing. Holding out a few years for the Grand kids to be spawned. I could be in for along wait. I may have to go into the garage and pull it out and ride around my yard a couple of times. The neighbours would get a hoot of seeing me ride it- like a clown at the circus. It is a small framed bike and I am a big framed guy (6’4", - 255lbs). LOL

Heck yes. Just get it out, clean it up and putter around. I had a Xr-75 a few years back. My son was a little too young for it, but I had a blast.

Love these bikes. I two of them over the years. The funny thing is, when I would ride my Harley to work, it never even got a second look. But when I rode my ke100 to work, everybody loved it.

I like the choice of this bike for a rebuild. At least it’s not another boring Harley rebuilt.

Next please do a rebuild on the Honda 305 motor.

That motor was in a ton of different models as everyone knows.

That motor and other Honda motors from the late 50s through the 60s put HM on its path to US and World domination!

Rob