Hagerty.com

The C4 Corvette is cool again—but still affordable

Have loved corvettes since watching route 66 television show when I was a kid. Been admiring the c4 styling for a long time and finally pulled the trigger last Sept after selling my 97 m3 coupe I had for a year… The m3 left on a sat, the following Friday I spotted the vette for sale on the side of the road, bought it the next day. 90 automatic with 43k miles. So proud and happy to finally own one of America’s sports cars… Gets thumbs up while I’m driving round…

We bought a 1984 in 1986. Was my wife’s daily driver. I enjoyed it except for the overly stiff suspension. I currently have a 90 Zr1 with 2000 miles on it. I have grown to admire the c4 again after all these years.

You need to drive that zr1 son…

1 Like

I have a c4 a c5 and a c8. I will NEVER sell my c4! I still love driving it and aways get thumbs up when cruising it down the road! The c4 will always have a place in my heart and in my garage!

it’s like the panthermobile

I’ve had my 85 for 15 years. It currently has 158k miles on it and just had an engine rebuild. It’s been one of the most reliable and fun cars I’ve ever owned and gets great MPG. These cars are definitely a lot of bang for the buck, especially if you do your own wrenching. Parts are available and relatively inexpensive.