Hagerty.com

The rise of 1984–89 Toyota 4Runners can’t be ignored

Unfortunately I am putting mine up for sale we’ve had it for about 10 years it’s a 87 with less that 188k miles the engine and transmission have been completely rebuilt, we originally bought it to use it for taking the kayaks down to the beach but now that I am sick I have decided to sell it and put the money towards medical reasons. I would have never known how much my runner was worth until recently.

It looks great :+1: Good luck on the sale and your wellness.

Bought mine a year ago after passively searching for a long time. I freakin love this truck. Glad to see it’s finally getting some street cred!

I still have my 1986 4runner turbo, she has the turbo stitched seats and full digital gauges. I have had her for about 18 years now. I’ve toyed with the idea of selling her but not sure lol

Please…don’t sell it…I have a 1985 Toyota 4 Runner that I found in Oregon and shipped to St. Louis…you’ll never find one like the one you have…and you will regret it. Stash if somewhere…but don’t sell it…you will thank me later :slight_smile:

Mine was the 1986 SR5 that sold for $17,500. I have to admit, I kind of miss it!!! Even in the year since I sold it, I think it has appreciated some in value.