Hagerty.com

These 4 race cars for sale prove variety is the spice of life

Last week, we pointed out how you can’t go wrong with these four rally cars coming up for sale at Silverstone Auctions’ Race Retro Classic & Competition Car Sale. And while it’s nearly impossible to imagine somebody didn’t find the perfect racing car among those four, we now follow up with a Ford Sierra RS500 development prototype, a Renault 5 Turbo 2, a Ferrari 348 GT Competizione, and a single-owner Ford RS2000 Custom. They’re all coming up at the same auction, too, so we’ve got you covered.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2020/02/10/4-race-cars-for-sale-prove-variety-is-the-spice-of-life

Years ago I bought a used Ford XR4Ti (Turbo) that I quite liked…
when it worked.
I finally left it at the side of the road and called my mechanic.
The car was his if he came and towed it away.
I never saw it again.

Not sure you can call it a race car, but not wholly suitable for the street, either. Regardless, I’d love to try on an Alpine A110 1600 some day.

Had a rental XR4Ti for awhile in England; an extremely fast little car.

Yeah, they were crazy fast.

I was a lucky fella in the 80’s and worked for a grey market car importer and we had some special cars we stored for a corrupt Mexican oligarch. It was a 1985 renault R5 Turbo II !! What a RUSH!!! Hauling ass weaving in and out on the San Diego 405 freeway like a video game!!! Then hauling ass on Mulholland drive in LA!!! WAY too fun!!! Memories!!!

Any one remember the
Fiat X19 Dallara?
Shame on you

my _ 1979 Fiat X19 / Dallara
2.0L / Turbo / 375hp
“pocket rocket”

Fiat Factory built
1 of 4, produced
Lancia 2.0, 'Stroker"