Hagerty.com

What is your favorite car song?

We recently dug into the history behind Bruce Springsteen’s Pink Cadillac and noted that Natalie Cole also released a popular rendition of the song, which sparked a debate about which is better.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/05/14/favorite-car-song

“Beep Beep (The Little Nash Rambler)”, sung by The Playmates!

Car-car, Peter, Paul and Mary

“A Road Is Just A Road” by Mary-Chapin Carpenter
“He took off in a cloud of dust. Layin’ rubber and spewing rust”

Red Barchetta - Rush. I figure I’m gonna be the “white-haired uncle”.

Hot Rod Lincoln, Asleep at the Wheel

On The Road Again , Canned Heat

Curiously, in the UK (where the Nash Rambler’s predecessor, the Metropolitan was built), the words to the Nash Rambler song were changed to “The little Bubblecar” referring to the Isettas and other microcars.

My favorite car song is : “The Little Ford Rambled Right Along” sung by Arthur Fields
and I have the original sheet music- of this song printed in 1914!
I am quite biased though as I now have my 1930 Dodge DD-6 sedan of which I have waited 30 years for its complete restoration!

lyn@levens.com

455 Rocket - Kathy Mattea

Dead Mans Curve and Drive My Car

Broke the speed limit so many times to Deep Purple’s “Highway Star”.

Shut Down for me! The title song from the album that included 409.

It’s a bit rude, but the funniest car song ever- “Got a Piece of Sh** Car” by Adam Sandler, on one of his comedy albums.

Driver Seat by Sniff’n the Tears, Drive my Car by the Beatles, Black Cars by Gino Vanelli, '65 Mustang by Five For Fighting, Radar Love by Golden Earring, Low Rider by War, Fun Fun Fun by the Beach Boys and the best ever, Born to be Wild by Steppenwolf!

Who can forget Viva la Mille Miglia by Oscar Brand? Or for that matter, who has ever heard it?

“One Piece at a Time”…Johnny Cash

Schlock rod by Jan and Dean. Shut Down by the Beach Boys. Three Window Coupe by the Rip Chords. Dead Man’s Curve. Drag City by Jan and Dean.

Trampled Under Foot by LZ

Bruce Springsteen - Racing in the street