Hagerty.com

What is your favorite factory paint color?

With the exception of the DeLorean DMC-12 and a few supercars, cars wear a layer of paint on the exterior. The shade, finish, and texture of that color can really make a car stand out—for better or worse. So what color does it best?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2018/07/09/what-is-your-favorite-factory-paint-color

Up for consideration, one of my favorites: Evening Orchid, a 1965 GM color found mostly on Chevelles and GTOs.!
Evening%20Orchid%201965%20Chevelle%20SS%20Convertible%203|640x480

Dark jade green metallic on 78 ford trucks is a pretty nice color

To paraphrase Super Troopers, you boys like Mexico (Blue?)

@livemeyer - Evening Orchid is a beautiful color. On the late-model Corvairs it really looks great.

My husband’s favourite factory paint colour is Plum Crazy Purple, as it was the colour of his 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger, back in the day.

I’ve always liked Chrysler’s B5 Bright Blue Metallic. I had it on a 69 Super Bee and 70 GTX.

1956 Lincoln Wisteria or 1960 Cadillac Heather. Gorgeous and reminiscent of the times.

The yellow used on '64-64, '67-69 GM cars. It had a few different names depending on the division.

My Dodge TA

Challenger with the Green Go that Plymouth called sassy grass green has always been my favorite, extraordinarily rare.

Late 60s early 70s mustang color calypso coral

I am the owner of my grandmother’s last new car. It’s a 1965 Impala SS and is Evening Orchid. It has the white interior and black carpet. I’ve got a lot of memories with that car as a child and adult. That would be one of my favorite.

Pino verde is a striking Ferrari color. It is a distinctive dark metallic green characterized by its visual depth and ability to reflect the tone of its surroundings. I find many colors to be attractive, but pino verde is the only one that I can not forget. I have seen it on 250 GT Lusso, 365 GT/4, Dino 308 GT4 and other models built before about 1980. After that it becomes extremely rare. It is a shame that is caught up in the urban legend that any Ferrari in green loses a lot of value and becomes nearly impossible to sell. Regardless, none of that affects the inherent power of pino verde to make a statement about both the car and its owner.

I’m partial to FK5 Burnt Orange Poly; my 1970 Dodge Coronet R/T sports that color inside and out and gets lots of “thumbs up” when driving around.

Hands down, it’s gotta be Orbit Orange on the 1970 Pontiac GTO Judge!

I love my 1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0. Factory color is Bright Calypso.

https://imgur.com/JmZyV68

I fell in love with a 1990 Corvette color called Black Rose. It’s like a deep black cherry color that plays nicely with the light.

I ordered a 2014 Dodge Challenger RT Classic from the factory painted Plum Crazy Purple.
It’s unique because very few exist in Tampa and to this day I receive compliments every time I drive it.

I love my 66 Chevelle in Marina Blue!!

A 64 Falcon with a factory two-tone paint code SM (Cascade Green with Wimbledon White). My Dad bought this one new and I’ve never seen this color combination on another Falcon!f5