Hagerty.com

Why I Love Track Days

Hey there,

My name is Keegan and I work with the Motorsports Team at Hagerty (not a bad gig). I love learning how different people get bit by the track bug, what they drive, ways they improve themselves, etc. To get this thread going, I figured I would share a little about my story.

When I was 16 I participated in my first autcross with my second car; a 1991 300ZX 2+2. It was fat, slow, and a little leaky, but it was a fantastic teacher. I quickly learned how much of a difference a set of good suspension makes! Although I loved that car, I was forced to part ways when it got totaled (by no fault of my own). I decided it was time for an upgrade. I went with a balanced mix of practicality and performance: a 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback STI.

In addition to auto cross, touring laps, and Gran Turismo, I drove my first Track Night in America event last August and just drove in my second TNiA event this May. It has been great pushing my driving ability and constantly improving. What I love most about HPDE events are the people. I can strike up a conversation with anyone and talk about tracks they’ve been to, share insights about braking points and lines, talk modifications, and partake in a friendly game of cat and mouse on track. I love this hobby and don’t plan to ever stop.

So what’s your story?! Please share below with pictures if you can!

I dig it @kbrown! I really hope to get on track within the year. Never done anything closed course before, so am real curious to partake. Such a neat experience.

The great thing about these HPDE events is how beginner friendly they are! Hope to see you out on track soon enough.