Hagerty.com

Woodward Dream Cruise

Back in 2005 I purchased a 70 Mustang Mach1 for my wife on our 25th wedding anniversary as a present for her. She has owned 4 now, well it took 3 1/2 years of bodywork and paint then a year and a half to reassemble so she never got to drive it until 2010. It’s 1 of 336 painted (YCode) Chestnut Metallic and that’s about all that’s original except the 351C V8, it now has a Painless Chassis wiring kit along with their H4 headlight conversion, OD transmission, limited slip rearend with 3.55 gears, 4 wheel disc brakes, MSD ignition, FPA headers with “H” pipe and dual flowmasters, intermittent wipers, White faced autometer gauges with matching clock, Alpine stereo with Bluetooth and a 100amp power amp in trunk with 12" subwoofer.

Now for the story she knows I always wanted to attend the Woodard Dream Cruise, we live in the Kansas City Metro area so she had made friends on Facebook with a couple in the Detroit area who were Mustang people and they invited us up for the cruise. If you have never been to the Woodward Dream Cruise you are missing one of the coolest car events of the summer. We registered for Mustang Alley which had over 800 Mustangs of all years, parts vendors, food vendors, memorabilia vendors and a lot of cool car people plus the actual Woodward Ave. Cruise.

We also were picked to come to the Ford proving grounds for a special showing of new models and tour of the facility then we and numerous other select cars were able to drive the 5 mile test track which was awesome. I highly recommend anyone to attend the Dream Cruise no matter your make model of classic car truck as I don’t think you will forget it for a while. I tried to drag and drop photos but it kept putting them in to my sentences rather than at the bottom where I directed them to go.