Hagerty.com

You can score these 6 convertibles for under $20,000

I’m with the VW’s. Love the bugs. Collectable, easy to work on & tons of parts.

I have a 1986 560 SL. It’s an awesome car !

I have a 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP stick shift the most fun you can have on 4 wheels

I have found that the 71 - 73 Mustang convertible is reasonable priced car. I have 5 and were bought off ebay or cl so not a hidden jewel. I drive this one a California car with not rust, 351, auto, air, PDB, PS, tilt, console, convenience group, decor group, original paint and interior. Got a top 20 award at the last show. After shipping across the U.S. had about $8,500 in it. I did clean and detail it but came with the tires and wheels on it now.

Agreed, my 73 is easily under 20K

But if you really want to stand out from the crowd how about a 1991 Nissan Figaro like mine. If you look hard enough you can find a really nice one for well under 20K.

I have been offered about $25K for my '69, but I have seen both Camaros and Firebirds in decent shape for less

I’ve noticed something about many articles highlighting cars on Haggarty. As the heading says, “You can score these 6 convertibles for under $20,000.” And there have been other articles highlighting a limited number of automobiles with certain attributes or in a price range that I refer about. In posts somebody always askes, “Well what about …………” These articles have limited space and can only note the few the author chooses. Sure, there are others and I agree, often better examples, but not all can be highlighted. If an article becomes too long it gets boring. I’m really not trying to criticize so please continue with comments since I also enjoy reading about readers’ choices or their personal cars that fall into the given category. I don’t always agree with the authors’ choices and like others, I might agree or disagree with the readers’ choices about noteworthy cars but I still enjoy reading about them.

1965 MGB under 10,000 very good condition.

My daughter bought a 2007 Saturn Vue in good shape for $1400 and she loves it. Admittedly she got a fantastic deal on it since the owner needed cash and was desperate to sell it.

Old Fiat Spider
1443817-8-large

For once a list that I can’t find fault with. And a nice Cadillac Allante sold on one of the TV auction shows a few weeks ago for $1,500. I bet the owner was kicking himself for selling it “no reserve.”

S1.5 E Type Jag is not a $20k car!

You can get a pair of Porsche Boxsters for $20k

You guys are going to think this is dopey, but how about a Chrysler LeBaron T&C convertible, the one with the woody sides? About 10k for a pretty nice one and not many made survived. I bet they are going to be cult classics.

Runs on rails for less than 20K

No one mentioned the Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible.
Who needs $20K. We just bought our 2005 PT Cruiser GT convertible with the HO turbo engine and 17" alloy wheels for only $4250. Needed a little work, but not a problem for a car guy.
A real fun car to drive for little dough.

Here is one I sold a few years ago for around $15K. Still buy them all day long for about that much.

This was scored less than $20g and fun to drive. 1000 made in 94 and the only way to get a Cobra convertible in 94.