Hagerty.com

You hated Lumbergh already, and now his Porsche 911 is worth a boatload more

The minutiae of TPS reports and the sad corporate culture of Initech made their way into mainstream culture with the 1999 cult classic Office Space. It’s been 20 years now since the movie premiered, The Mike Judge satire film about cubicle life and the struggle against corporate overlords resonated with a wide swath of the working public, but if one character struck a particular chord, it was the oh-so punchable boss, Bill Lumbergh.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/02/25/office-space-porsche-911

Great Movie!..Loved it back then and love it now!

Soooo…what exactly is it that you do here? What a great line! Just one of many through out the (must see) movie. Love the scene at the start of the movie when Peter is stuck in traffic on the way to work and as he looks over on the side walk where a old guy in a walker is making more head way then he is which ultimately the heavy traffic makes Peter late for work and unable to find a parking spot at the office so he takes Lumbergh’s. LMAO

The Bob’s would agree with your article.

We’re gonna need to go ahead and move you downstairs into storage B. We have some new people coming in, and we need all the space we can get. So if you could just go ahead and pack up your stuff and move it down there, that would be terrific, OK?

The 3rd Gen Rx7 parked next to Lumberg’s Porsche is enjoying climbing values as well.

Yeah, were going to need you to come in this weekend. "
Saturday and Sunday"

Right on Peter Man, F***kn A!

Looking at my red Swingline sitting here on my desk right now. And let’s please not forget the love interest in this spectacular film was Jennifer Aniston, who can afford a large fleet of 911s. And 912s and 944s and 928s but never never never a new four door VW built by committee Porsche please.

A treasured gift from a great boss given when I left the department for a higher rung on the ladder with no TPS forms to file!.

Swingline didn’t offer a red stapler before the movie, it was introduced afterward. The stapler in the movie was painted red at a body shop because the producers wanted it to stand out. I have one on my desk, got it around 15 years ago!